To help families really see who you are, we would like you to record a 30 seconds
video of yourself on your phone, camera or other device. You should speak in
English and/or Spanish.
We would like to know some simple things about you:
• Your first name only
• The country you are from, not the town or other specific location
• A little bit about you, your hobbies and the things you like
• Why you want to come to your host country
• What you hope to get from your exchange
Follow these tips to get a nicer video:
• Ask someone to film you, it will be better than a selfie video
• Set your camera or device in horizontal mode
• Sit or stand in lighted place
• Avoid noisy places
• Do not record for more than 30 seconds
The best way to do this is to be upbeat, happy and smiling, showing your excitement towards your upcoming exchange.
Your video will only be shown to potential host families by volunteers.
Once you do it, please send it to your contact person in the AFS office.
Thanks a lot and see you soon!